Sunday, March 22, 2015

Welcome to My Blog!

Welcome to Rabbit Food for Your Soul!
My name is Lili. I became vegetarian on April 26th of 2012. I became vegan at the end of February and have been going strong ever since! I'm really interested in healthy foods, living clean (but I've have nothing against indulging every once in a while!), exercising, and being happy. Last summer, I took up running and average about 15 miles per week. I rock-climb every Wednesday and volunteer as an assistant-coach for junior water polo on Fridays. After I assistant-coach, I go to my own water polo practice - which is a sport I've been loving for +2 years.  I also enjoy hiking, camping, soccer, volleyball and basketball.

When it comes to food, my favorites include sushi, veggie tacos, brown rice, pumpkin seeds, garlic (I love anything that uses it), smoothies, tofu and pretty much all fruits and veggies. I love vegan baking - especially homemade raspberry pancakes on a Sunday morning. I really enjoy making frosting and decorating cupcakes with my friends. I like cooking dinners and really love creating a healthy, filling, flavorful meal of simple ingredients.

Aside from sports, I have a huge passion for animal rescue. I have fostered over 10 animals (1 dog, nine total kittens, 1 adult cat) so far and, although it's a little emotional, the benefits are countless. I have two rescued dogs of my own, Bigby and Krypto, and two rescued cats, Molly and Frannie. Animals are the main reason I became vegetarian (and later vegan).  I believe that we all - no matter what species we are - deserve compassion and respect. I think that our society has started to separate ourselves us way too far from other species. I don't believe in making people ashamed of what they eat in order to "convert them" to veganism -  instead, I believe in educating others with facts... and yummy food!
More donations through Project for Paws
Donations through Project for Paws

My first running selfie...

After one of my first runs...

I always run with Bigby


Me and my 'teammate'

Chilling with my buddy Krypto. 

No comments:

Post a Comment